List of active policies
Consent and declaration
By registering and using the Moodle system, you give your consent to the collection and processing of data as described above.
I hereby declare that I will not pass on any of the materials provided to me in the courses to uninvolved third parties. I am responsible for any violation of these obligations.
The user has taken note of the following data protection information regarding the processing of personal data for the learning platform and fully agrees to it.
- The following regulations apply to all registered users (m/f/d) of the Moodle learning platform of DTMD University Luxemburg. The use of this learning platform is voluntary.
- personal data will be stored for the sole purpose of course organisation and course communication. The relevant data protection regulations must be observed in this respect. Personal data will not be passed on to third parties. Furthermore, the operators of the learning platform are obliged to maintain secrecy.
- All personal data stored in the Moodle database can be viewed, added to and changed by the respective user under the menu item "Edit profile" (by clicking on his or her own name). Excluded from this modification are the data which are synchronized from the central directory: Login name (DTMD-ID), first and last name, matriculation number and e-mail address. In the profile settings, you can determine to what extent the e-mail address may be seen by other users. Regardless of this your entries will be visible to course instructors and administrators (m/f/d). They can send you messages to your Moodle registered email address. In addition, depending on your usage, emails will be automatically generated and sent to your email address. If you make entries in the optional profile fields, these will be visible to all authenticated users by accessing the user profile.
- the following data, all visible to the administrator, will be stored: Freely selected login or DTMD-ID, first and last name(s). Please note that first and last name(s) of persons with the role "Lecturer" (m/f/d) are also visible from outside. Course participants will only see first and last name(s).
- Profile data visible to authenticated users will also be saved. The visibility of e-mail addresses can be set in the user's profile.
- Moreover, the following upload data will be saved and can only be seen by course participants: First and last name(s) of resource owners (m/f/d) and the time of upload.
- Uploads of tasks and results of performance assessments as well as course participation are also visible to teachers for teaching and examination purposes.
- Contributions in forums, wikis and blogs, including first name(s), surname(s) and date of the contribution, can only be viewed by course participants, whereas saved private messages can only be viewed by the addressees.
- the registration number stored as ID number will only be visible to the user himself as well as to the administrators. Teachers will only be given access to the student's registration number for the purpose of data reconciliation when exporting services.
- Moodle allows you to publish contributions under your name in forums, chats, blogs, wikis and the like and to make files available for other participants to access. You can unsubscribe from courses you are taking at any time. Your contributions will be hidden when you leave the course, but they will remain and can be saved and restored by rejoining the course at a later date when you are no longer active as a user, until your user account or the associated course is deleted. The personal contributions may be used exclusively for teaching purposes, as far as this is necessary for the fulfilment of the task and the data processing is, against the background of the principle of data economy, in reasonable proportion to the purpose associated with it.
- access to the Moodle learning portal will also be logged internally to protect the Moodle learning portal against unauthorised third parties or to trace misuse by users or unauthorised third parties. The day and time, IP address, user name, action and specific activity are recorded. The data is retained for a period of 10 days to enable the data to be checked in the event of misuse and, if necessary, to identify the perpetrator. Only the administrators of the platform have access to this data.
- the administrators are obliged to keep confidential the personal data that they have become aware of in the course of their work.
- the users have no right to a temporally unlimited access. DTMD University guarantees access only within the scope of the maintenance density and the response times possible. DTMD University assumes neither guarantee nor liability for the functioning of Internet connections between the external connection of the university and the users.
- DTMD University reserves the right to make technical and content-related changes to the Moodle offer at any time, provided that the execution of courses taken is not affected.
- Intellectual property of third parties may only be used by teachers and course participants within the framework of applicable laws. In particular, the use of course resources is only permitted within the framework of the legally applicable restrictions for teaching and research. Students are granted a simple and time-limited right of use for the files made available to them within the framework of the DTMD courses attended (in particular electronic scripts, image and film material, etc.) in such a way that they use them for their studies and examinations for the intended purpose, but do not pass them on to third parties at any time nor offer them for download outside the learning platform. Exceptions only apply within the scope of permissions of the affected rights holders. The decision on rights of use assigned to DTMD University is the sole responsibility of the Presidential Board. Unauthorized possession or transfer can be prosecuted at the University with disciplinary action (exclusion from the course, from several courses and, at the last level, de-registration) as well as civil and criminal law.
- the responsibility for the content of a course available in Moodle lies with the person responsible for the course. For published articles, provided data and other content, the respective authors are also responsible to DTMD University. The latter accepts responsibility for the accuracy of content, registration and profile data of users and other content generated by users only in cases of intentional and grossly negligent breach of duty.
- questions regarding data protection and consent are to be addressed to the person responsible in the sense of the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation and other national data protection laws of the member states as well as other data protection regulations, i.e. to the Rector of DTMD University: DTMD University / GTF, 19, rue de Bitbourg, L-1273 Luxemburg; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org as well as to the Data Protection Officer of DTMD University, with the address DTMD University / GTF, 19, rue de Bitbourg, L-1273 Luxembourg; e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org